YOUNG WHITE BORDEAUX FOREST / UNISEX
With YNG, Womsh presents its first sustainable sneaker project designed to be entirely unisex and genderless. It reaches out to curious, informed travellers who love timeless, iconic products.
The 6 Ws underlying YNG’s sustainability:
1. What is it made from?
• Upper in LWG-certified calfskin or suede
• Lining made from 30% calfskin and 70% recycled cotton terry
• Removable insole made from 15% calfskin and 85% water-based polyurethane foam and low-density polyester
• Recyclable natural rubber sole in compliance with the EU REACH regulation
• Packaging in recycled cardboard, made from 100% recycled and recyclable cellulose processed with the residue of organic substances, such as maize;
2. Where was it made
The footwear is entirely assembled in Italy using 100% Italian-made materials.
3. Who made it?
YNG is made by Giancarlo and his fellow artisans at the Vassanelli shoe factory.
4. What are worker conditions like?
Giancarlo and his fellow artisans work in complete safety because Vassanelli is ISO9001, ISO14001 and SA8000 certified, a form of accreditation guaranteeing that workers’ rights in the footwear sector are protected. Furthermore, Vassanelli has signed Womsh’s Code of Ethics which certifies that both the environment and people involved in the production process are respected.
5. How are workers paid?
Giancarlo and his fellow artisans earn a minimum living wage which means that they earn enough to maintain a satisfactory standard of living.
6. How does Womsh plough back part of the profits to benefit society as a whole?
Womsh ploughs back 1% of its turnover and 5% of its profits into a series of projects and initiatives. We have been contributing to a Lifegate project called ImpattoZero since 2014 through which we protect forests and create new woodland, offsetting the CO2 released into the atmosphere by our business activities. We recycle used Womsh soles to make flooring for playgrounds together with Esosport as part of the “Il giardino di Betty” (“Betty's garden”) project. Last but not least, we work alongside One Tree Planted, a non-governmental organisation which works to safeguard wooded areas, by planting 800 trees each year. And 90% of the energy we use come from renewable sources.
Clean your Womsh with water and some drops of dish soap and a normal sponge or rag and let them air dry. We would generally recommend you not to put your products in the washing machine neither immerse them in water.
Returns and shipments
Free shipping on all orders.
The delivery terms listed in the delivery options indicate the period of time usually required to deliver the products.
- In Italy, within 3 working days of receipt of payment
- In EU countries other than Italy, within 5 working days of receipt of payment
- Outside the EU, within 7 working days of receipt of payment
We will do our best to deliver your Womsh in accordance with the time specified.
For further information check our FAQ section "Shipping and Return&Refund"