ELETTRA ICE LIBERTY / WOMAN
Elettra is a mettlesome-looking sneaker set on a chunky sole. With an ultra-lightweight EVA box sole, it channels breezy elegance and brings plenty of comfort to a city lifestyle. The outsole is 5 cm high.
The 6 Ws underlying Elettra’s sustainability:
1. What is it made from?
• Upper made from 100% calfskin
• Lining made from metal-free calfskin
• Laces in 100% recycled cotton
• Removable insole made from 20% Appleskin and 80% water-based polyurethane foam and low-density polyether
• Sole in ultra-lightweight single-density EVA to ensure the utmost comfort and safety
• Packaging in recycled cardboard, made from 100% recycled and recyclable cellulose processed with the residue of organic substances, such as maize
2. Where was it made?
The footwear is entirely assembled in Italy using 100% Italian-made materials.
3. Who made it?
Elettra is made by Luigi and his fellow artisans at the Overteak srl shoe factory in Barletta (Apulia, Italy).
4. What are worker conditions like?
Luigi and his fellow artisans work in complete safety because Overteak is ISO9001, ISO14001 and SA8000 certified, a form of accreditation guaranteeing that workers’ rights in the footwear sector are protected. Furthermore, Overteak has signed Womsh’s Code of Ethics which certifies that both the environment and people involved in the production process are respected.
5. How are workers paid?
Luigi and his fellow artisans earn a minimum living wage which means that they earn enough to maintain a satisfactory standard of living.
6. How does Womsh plough back part of the profits to benefit society as a whole?
Womsh ploughs back 1% of its turnover and 5% of its profits into a series of projects and initiatives. We have been contributing to a Lifegate project called ImpattoZero since 2014 through which we protect forests and create new woodland, offsetting the CO2 released into the atmosphere by our business activities. We recycle used Womsh soles to make flooring for playgrounds together with Esosport as part of the “Il giardino di Betty” (“Betty's garden”) project. Last but not least, we work alongside One Tree Planted, a non-governmental organisation which works to safeguard wooded areas, by planting 800 trees each year. And 90% of the energy we use come from renewable sources.
Clean your Womsh with water and some drops of dish soap and a normal sponge or rag and let them air dry. We would generally recommend you not to put your products in the washing machine neither immerse them in water.
Returns and shipments
Free shipping on all orders.
The delivery terms listed in the delivery options indicate the period of time usually required to deliver the products.
- In Italy, within 3 working days of receipt of payment
- In EU countries other than Italy, within 5 working days of receipt of payment
- Outside the EU, within 7 working days of receipt of payment
We will do our best to deliver your Womsh in accordance with the time specified.
For further information check our FAQ section "Shipping and Return&Refund"