VEGAN WAVE CINNAMON LUX / WOMAN
The Wave sneaker will lend itself effortlessly to any occasion, whether that means strolling around town or longer walks. It has a sturdy sole designed to support the foot and adapt ergonomically to its shape. The White Habana vegan version has a sleek pared-back silhouette and comfortable design that makes it ideal for off-duty wear. The outsole is 5 cm high. PETA - Approved Vegan certified product
The 6 Ws underlying Wave’s sustainability:
1. What is it made from?
• Upper made from 60% nylon obtained from recycled PET and 40% from Appleskin, a vegan material made from recycled production waste of apples from South Tyrol in Italy;
• Lining made from 40% recycled organic cotton and 60% Appleskin;
• Fabric laces in 100% recycled PET obtained from post-consumer plastic bottles collected in northern Italy;
• Removable insole crafted from water-based polyurethane foam with low-density polyether;
• Recyclable (TR) rubber sole in compliance with the EU REACH regulation
• Packaging in recycled cardboard, made from 100% recycled and recyclable cellulose processed with the residue of organic substances, such as maize;
2. Where was it made?
The footwear is entirely assembled in Italy using 100% Italian-made materials.
3. Who made it?
Wave is made by Luigi and his fellow artisans at the Overteak srl shoe factory in Barletta (Apulia, Italy).
4. What are worker conditions like?
Luigi and his fellow artisans work in complete safety because Overteak is ISO9001, ISO14001 and SA8000 certified, a form of accreditation guaranteeing that workers’ rights in the footwear sector are protected. Furthermore, Overteak has signed Womsh’s Code of Ethics which certifies that both the environment and people involved in the production process are respected.
5. How are workers paid?
Luigi and his fellow artisans earn a minimum living wage which means that they earn enough to maintain a satisfactory standard of living.
6. How does Womsh plough back part of the profits to benefit society as a whole?
Womsh ploughs back 1% of its turnover and 5% of its profits into a series of projects and initiatives. We have been contributing to a Lifegate project called ImpattoZero since 2014 through which we protect forests and create new woodland, offsetting the CO2 released into the atmosphere by our business activities. We recycle used Womsh soles to make flooring for playgrounds together with Esosport as part of the “Il giardino di Betty” (“Betty's garden”) project. Last but not least, we work alongside One Tree Planted, a non-governmental organisation which works to safeguard wooded areas, by planting 800 trees each year. And 90% of the energy we use come from renewable sources.
- sole height 4 cm
- standard fit
Clean your Womsh with water and some drops of dish soap and a normal sponge or rag and let them air dry. We would generally recommend you not to put your products in the washing machine neither immerse them in water.
Returns and shipments
Free shipping on all orders.
The delivery terms listed in the delivery options indicate the period of time usually required to deliver the products.
- In Italy, within 3 working days of receipt of payment
- In EU countries other than Italy, within 5 working days of receipt of payment
- Outside the EU, within 7 working days of receipt of payment
We will do our best to deliver your Womsh in accordance with the time specified.
For further information check our FAQ section "Shipping and Return&Refund"